Sunday, August 11, 2013

Friday, Saturday, Sunday August 09 - 11, 2013

What a busy weekend! Besides getting ready for the first full week at a new school, we spent all of Saturday cleaning and organizing in preparation for friends coming over. As it was, I didn't have time to track my calories, but that is not necessarily a bad thing with ESE- at least, not as much as it would be on other programs. As I noted, I fasted Thursday (which starts my "new week", by the way), so I came into the weekend with a positive start. I plan to fast again Monday and (perhaps) Tuesday lunch to Wednesday dinner. Why a third fast in the week? A couple of reasons (that happen to illustrate the beauty of ESE's flexibility):
  • this weekend was an active one (six hours of constant movement, lifting, etc.), including a solid Back workout on Sunday before lunch, but it was also probably higher in calories than my goals call for. While I may have leveled out some of the calories with activity, an additional fast can help even more;
  • this coming weekend is my birthday weekend, which means that I'll have a birthday dinner on Sunday, not to mention the general celebrating- it's generally a better idea to "save up" for big celebrations, rather than "pay it back" with a planned fast after the celebration;
  • I've been doing this for a while, so I have a good sense of where I am with my calories and, as I have learned from reading and experience, the "starvation mode" everyone fears is really overblown, especially if you're having large meals every week (which I usually do).
Anyway, it's time to get back to the lesson planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment