Friday, August 2, 2013

Thursday, August 1, 2013

450 calories, 75g Protein

Normally, I would take in more calories in a day. However, today was my first day returning to the ESE method. Simple breakfast (I have never been a big breakfast eater) of scrambled eggs and turkey bacon, and leftover pork for lunch.

I've had someone ask me what some terms mean, so here's a quick list:

TDEE - Total Daily Energy Expenditure - quantity of calories burned (i.e. how many I can eat before I gain weight)
TEF - Thermic Effect of Food - an overhyped occurrence in the body, during which some portion of calories ingested are burned off during digestion (no, celery doesn't burn more than it contains; and this is where some genius got the "revved metabolism" myth that has plagued us ever since).
Maintenance - The number of calories I can eat while neither losing nor gaining weight. You can find all kinds of calorie calculators online. Mine would probably be right around 2300 (I usually subtract ~10% from whatever number I'm given) at 190 pounds.
Deficit - eating below maintenance, which can be bad for you if done for extended periods of time... however, I have never personally known anyone to do this. Eventually, we all splurge.
Refeed - Popularized in diet lore as a "cheat day" or "cheat meal"... but I am doing it to mainly keep myself happy and allow myself some fun.
Low Carb - some number of carbs below 100g
Keto - You can look this one up for yourself, but I refer to it when I take in below 20g (which I did on Thursday, today)

No comments:

Post a Comment